Adobe Reader 7.0 Software (Read Me)
The Adobe Reader 7.0.7 read me file is the free viewing companion for adobe application, it produces the Adobe Portable Document Format or the Adobe PDF files. This is for creating, enhancing, reviewing, editing and sharing information in Adobe PDF files.
1. Power PC G3, G4, or G5 processor.
2. Mac OS X version 10.2.8, 10.3, or 10.4.
3. 128 MB of RAM (256 MB recommended).
4. 110 MB of available hard disk space.
5. 800 x 600 screen resolution.
Enhancements in Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Support for 3D content. Reader for 7.0.7 allows you to view and measure 3D models created in Computer Aided Design (CAD). Forms improvements, it works more efficiently with static and dynamic forms enabled for saving data using reader by Adobe server products. (Windows only) Yahoo! direct search text box. Search the web directly from reader using the search text box. Enter the search phrase and click the Yahoo! icon. Results are provided by Yahoo! and are returned in a new browser window.
If you are an experienced computer user, problems when running it can be easily determined. This section may help you about the cause of those problems. Choose online support from the help menu.
1. The help and how to windows are not available when you open it from within a web browser. To access the help button or the how to window from a task button, start it from outside of a web browser troubleshooting information, or choose online support from the help menu in Adobe Reader .
2. The help and how to windows are not available when you open it from within a web browser. To access the help button or the how to window from task button, start Adobe Reader outside of a web browser.
3. The detect and repair features in windows repairs or replaces corrupt or missing installation components.
4. You can drag the how to window anywhere on-screen. If you move the window from a docked position, it becomes a floating window and can be resized only by dragging the lower right corner. To re-dock a floating how to window, control-click below the title bar and choose docked left or docked right. For more information, see the Adobe Reader help.
5. The enter key and the space bar function differently in the accessibility setup assistant in Windows and Mac OS. In Windows, both the enter key and the space bar close the wizard. In Mac OS, the enter key advances the wizard to the next page and the space bar closes the wizard.
6. Windows XP and 2000 include Microsoft magnifier, an accessibility tool that was the interface. When started, this tool activates accessibility in Adobe Reader until you quit it. Each time you open PDF document, the following message appears, “Please wait while the document is prepared for reading”. To reduce the time that it requires to prepare a PDF document for reading, set the page document preference to only read the currently visible pages in the reading preferences. Setting the reading order preferences to the reading order in raw print stream also speeds up this process but may interfere with the functionality magnifier.
7. To improve the startup time and performance of Adobe Reader , defragment your hard drive by using the disk utility before you install this. You can use the disk included with your operating system or a utility. Hard drives become fragmented through normal use (for example, installing and uninstalling applications, adding and deleting files). Over time, the computer is unable to locate contiguous blocks of free space and saves files in pieces across the hard drive, which increases the time required to open these files. The hard drive pieces files back together and improves performance.
8. If you scan a PDF into Notepad using a scanner, the resulting data may contain null bytes or illegal characters (Characters that can’t be typed at the keyboard). This data may execute desktop shortcuts that cause windows to open. The problem doesn’t occur with all scanners. No solution exists
9. If you open a PDF file in AOL 6.0 to 9.0, the file opens in a text editor. save the PDF file to the hard drive and open it in Adobe Reader .
10. Mac OS X v. 10.3 or later and Safari 1.2.2 or later are required to use Adobe Reader in a browser window.
11. Although adobe has tested Adobe Reader 7.0.7 on future versions of Mac OS, those operating systems aren’t supported by Adobe Reader as final testing wasn’t completed when Adobe Reader 7.0.7 was released.
12. If you paste the character U + 3400 into the search field and perform a search, the search fails even if the character exists in the PDF document you’re searching. The same applies to the U + 3500, U + 3600, and U + 3700. Type the U + 3400 character in the search field instead of pasting it.
13. If you install adobe acrobat elements 6.0 after installing the full version of Adobe Reader 7.0, you may encounter an error in acrobat elements when you try to convert a file to PDF asking if you want to run the installer in repair mode. If you click yes, the same error appears the next time you try to convert a file to PDF in acrobat elements. Install acrobat elements 6.0 before you install Adobe Reader 7.0.7 to ensure that both applications are installed in the same folder. (Acrobat Elements 6.0 doesn’t allow you to specify the install location). Please note that installing Adobe Reader 7.0.7 doesn’t remove Adobe Reader 6.0 which is installed by adobe elements to the same folder. This installation of Adobe Reader 6.0 (unlike the download version) doesn’t interfere with Adobe Reader 7.0.7 functionality.
Use the following keyboard shortcut keys to navigate between the document, the help window, and the how to window:
F1 – It opens the help window and moves the focus to the first item in the help contents tab. If the help window is already open, pressing F1 returns the focus to last selection. Enter key opens the selected help topic. Press up and down arrow keys to select other help topics.
Alt + Tab – These tabs move focus between the open help window and the document.
Shift + F1 – Moves focus to the how to window only if you’re in the document, not if you’re in the help window.
#Adobe #Reader #Software #Read
Adobe Reader 7.0 Software (Read Me)